Extensively trained at some of the most prestigious dental institutions in the nation, Dr. Donian Shen strives to elevate dentistry beyond the typical experience. She began her career at the University of California, Berkeley, where she received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry. She then obtained her Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry. Following graduation, Dr. Shen completed her residency at the VA Palo Alto Hospital. After practicing dentistry at the Valley Medical Center for some time, she decided to open her own office to provide customized general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry treatment with the comfort of sedation to patients of all ages.
Dedicated to continuing education, Dr. Shen has undertaken several advanced post-graduate courses in a variety of dental fields, including IV sedation at the University of Southern California and oral conscious sedation at the DOCS Institute. She is particularly proud of her training in the leading dental implant techniques, which she completed at the world-renowned Carl Misch Institute under the mentorship of Dr. Misch. Furthermore, she has extensive experience with full mouth reconstruction, block bone grafting, and soft tissue grafts.
Dr. Shen’s skill set is one half of the equation, and her devotion to patient care is the other half. She emphasizes comfort and quality in every procedure, endeavoring to achieve optimal results in a welcoming, compassionate environment. Her attention to detail and her attentive approach are designed to give individuals an unparalleled dental experience.
Dr. Shen begins each consultation with a thorough examination of your areas of concern. She then discusses the diagnosis with you and reviews the available options. Together, you and Dr. Shen will develop a customized treatment plan that best addresses your needs and goals.
- UC Berkeley, BA in Biochemistry
- UCSF, Research Associate of Ophthalmology Department
- UCLA, School of Dentistry, DDS
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI)
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Member of the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of the California Dental Association (CDA)
- VA Palo Alto Hospital, General Residency
- DOCS: Oral Conscious Sedation
- USC: IV Sedation
- UCLA: Aesthetic Continuum
- Carl Misch Institute: Dental Implants, Bone Grafting, Soft Tissue Grafting
If you have additional questions about Dr. Shen and her experience, or if you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact us today.